Before buying any product, be it Apple or any other company, it’s always good to know about when is the right time to buy a particular gadget. You really don’t want to buy a gadget and then after some day’s repent on that, because a new version/model is out of that same gadget. Just imagine buying iPhone 4 and what if after some days iPhone 5 is launched? So it’s better to stay smart and to know about the trends of product release.
Best time for buying Apple products
A for apple, we all know that but what we don’t know is when to buy Apple. We’ll discuss some points that will help you to decide when is the best time to buy Apple products.
- Stay informed: If you’re the one who visits Apple events or Keynotes, then you’ll always stay updated with latest product releases or if you’ve not visiting any event, then just visit Apple’s official site after keynotes.
- Product stock levels: When you go for shopping and find out that product is out of stock or running low, it could mean that you’re quite closer to a new version
- Don’t always believe in rumors: Rumors are just rumors. It’s dictionary meaning is “Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth”. Many tech Blogs write about Apple rumors, but not all can be trusted. Some write just for creating more speculation, some write just for getting in eye of others and getting popular. The big blog’s out there like appleinsider and macrumors cannot be trusted all the time, they’re not 100% true always, but this doesn’t mean that they cannot be trusted. If they’re mentioning that the news is from an official source, then of course it can be trusted.
- Stay safe: Want to stay safe and want to be using the latest version all the time till next release? Then the best way for this is to buy the product at the time when it’s released. Just buy it on the spot (and don’t forget to stand in crowded lines), or buy it within 5-6 days from the day it’s launched. This way you’ll be getting the best deal and using latest version of that gadget for one year approx.
- The one year release cycle: It can be said in general that Apple updates most products once a year. So it means that if a product is 9 month’s old, then it’s better to wait for some more time and get the new updated model. But it finally depends on you, if you really want it now or can wait for some months.
- Check Macrumors buying guide: This can be a good source of information. They constantly keep on updating their buying guide and recommend whether to buy a particular product or not. For e.g. currently they are recommending not to buy iPhone and iPod Touch – Don’t Buy – Updates soon. And if we check iMac, then it says “Buy only if you need it – Approaching the end of a cycle”. Their recommendation can be trusted and they’re always the first to know about Apple news and rumors, so it can be said that these people know what they are talking about. Check out their recommendations from here. (Also refer screenshot below)
These are some points that will help you determine when to buy your next Apple gadgets. Just because you own an older generation model doesn’t mean that your product is not worth using and old. No, don’t think it like this. If your product is working and is satisfying your needs, then you’re on the right path.
New technological models will be kept on releasing, but this doesn’t mean that you have to own every new generation model. So in short, it’s not always mandatory to stay with the current generation of gadgets. If the existing device is working perfectly and new generation doesn’t seems to be much promising, then there’s no point in buying that new model. If you think that a particular feature will help you in your work in that new model, then go for it. There’s no need to wait for a long time. It also depends on budget. Whether the new product will really help you, or is just a shiny new model for showoff, it’s after all YOU that decides this. Happy shopping and shop smart !