Who doesn’t like social networking ? There are some people who are somewhat reserved, and may not want to expose their profile on search engines. One just needs to enter the person’s name and his/her facebook profile would be most probably in first or second page of Google. Some people are not comfortable in having their profile listed on search engines. Therefore you can prevent your facebook profile from appearing on Google and here’s an easy way to do this.
Ofcourse you cannot control this setting for others and what facebook displays and what not, but since its “your” profile, you can do this setting and prevent search engines from displaying the profile on its results page.
- Login to your facebook account and from the top right corner, click on Account and then on Privacy Settings
- From Apps and Websites section, click on Edit your settings
- Now click on Edit Settings button under Public Search
- Uncheck Enable Public Search box
- A confirmation box will be displayed if you really want to disable this public search. Click on Confirm.
By default this option is checked, but you can disable this option easily and hide facebook profile from search results page. It may take some time for search engines to crawl and know your settings, so don’t worry. Within some days this setting will be effected.