For iOS Devices, iTunes is like a one-stop to do everything, which allows us to install apps, backup, restore and do just about anything. But the problem with iTunes is that it doesn’t lets us access the file system on our iDevice. Another problem is that you need to sync iTunes with the computer everytime you need to add any media/app to your device.
If you’re searching for an easy-to-use desktop file manager or file explorer for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch then your search finally ends here with iFunBox. And the best part is that iFunBox is a free program and there’s no Jailbreak required to use it.
Consider this program as a file explorer, but developed especially for iPhone and iPad. It lets you access the root file system of your Apple device and you can get it for Windows and Mac platforms.
How to Use iFunBox
Using iFunBox as a file explorer for iPhone or iPad is very easy. Just install it, connect to your iOS device and then you can see that iFunBox will detect your device. On the left hand side you can see the name of the device and under that different options like user applications, app file sharing, general storage, camera, wallpapers, ringtones, iBooks, USB tunnel, etc.
There’s no need to access the cryptic folder, for example instead of navigating to /Library/Ringtones, you can simply click on the Ringtones from the left sidebar. You need to simply click on the option that interests you.
There’s also “Install App” option, just in case if you have any IPA file on your computer that you want to install on your iOS device. The “General Storage” option allows you to use your iPhone/iPad memory as a storage medium where you can add any files for backup purpose, it acts as a flash drive.
The “Copy from PC” button allows you to copy a file from PC to your iDevice and the “Copy to PC” allows you to backup your files/apps to your PC.
- Access the file system of your iOS Device, be it jailbroken or not jailbroken.
- Copy files to and from your iOS Device.
- Upload PDF, Word Doc, videos and other files for viewing/playback.
- Delete, rename, move, preview files.
- Easily backup apps.
- Install apps with .ipa packages. Also supports installation of unofficial/unsigned .ipa packages.
- Uninstall/Install apps in batch easily.
- Use your iOS device as an USB Portable Disk for general files.
- Thumbnail previewing for wallpaper management.
- Easily delete photos in the camera or replace with new ones. Also allows you to change image resolution.
- Copy music, videos and other files from your iPhone and iPod to computer.
If you are searching for iTunes alternative, then this is the program that you should definitely try. Plus, you’re not shelling even a penny for this and its compatible with even non-jailbroken devices.
Go ahead, transfer Apps, Files and Media to your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch by using this freeware. iFunBox is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. Download it for free from below link.