Why schedule an email to be sent later? May be you want to surprise your friend by sending an email on his/her birthday or may be for business purposes you want to schedule that email to be sent only at that particular time. Scheduling Gmail mails is not that hard, there’s not an official way to do this, therefore we’ll be using 2 external tools to do this task.
Send an Email Later With Boomerang
Boomerang is a Firefox and Chrome extension that helps us to send Gmail messages at the scheduled date and time and it can do much more than just scheduling. It also supports recurring mails, that means you can write and send the same email everyday, week, month or any interval you choose. With Boomerang, we can track responses to any email we send or receive and get a reminder if we don’t get a reply.
Thus, we can say that Boomerang is not just helps in scheduling emails, but also helps in managing emails. Here’s how it works:
- Install Boomerang (available as an extension only for Firefox and Chrome)
- Once the extension is installed, refresh your Gmail compose page
- Now let’s say you want to schedule this mail to be sent at a later date and time. To do click on Send Later button, next to “Send” button.
- Select the data and time you want to send this message. You can also click on that “calendar” icon to select another date. After doing this, click on “confirm”.
- After clicking on “confirm”, you will need to enable pop-ups and authenticate. Do so and click on “Allow” in that new pop-up displayed.
- In the same page, there is also a checkbox for “Boomerang this message”, this option reminds you of this mail, in a particular time that you set. This is helpful if you think that this is a very important email and want to be reminded about it in future.
In this free version, you can schedule upto 10 messages a month. For scheduling more messages, you’ll need to purchase a subscription – $4.99 a month for Personal and $14.99 a month for Pro subscription.
Boomerang is also available for your mobile.
Schedule Gmail using Send Whenever
Send Whenever is a web app that helps us to schedule Gmail messages. You don’t need to install anything, just head over to their site, click on the big green button “Google Account Login” to login with your Google account and authenticate your account. Accept the terms and conditions and when this is done, you will be redirected to home page and now you’ll see that button changed to “Schedule an Email“. Click on this button, you’ll see a pop-up like box where you can enter the date, time, to, subject and message.
After entering all the message details, click on “Schedule Message”. With this step done, your message is scheduled.
If in future you want to change or cancel scheduled emails, then you’ll need to open Google Calendars. Scheduled email messages show up as events on your Google calendar and can be edited from there. The plus point of using this online app is that you don’t need to install any extension/software.
Use any of the two methods shown here to send Gmail mails at a later date and time. Both the methods will work with your standard Gmail and also with Google Apps Mail.