Have you ever felt the need to embed images in message body in Gmail. Yes, you can add images in your message. But Gmail, by default doesn’t allow to add images in the message body. The only option is to attach images, but this is not ideal in every situations. E.g. one may want to start an Email with his Company logo. The feature which we will be using is from Gmail Labs. It means that this feature is not ready for primetime, as per Google.
How to Insert Images in Gmail
- Login to Gmail and from the top right side, click on Options icon and then on Mail Settings. (For some users there would be a link for Settings, click on it)
- Now click to Labs.
- Scroll down and you will Inserting Images section. Click on Enable. to enable this Gmail lab feature. And then scroll up and click on Save Changes.
- Now that this Insert Image feature is enabled, go to Compose mail, to start composing a new Email.
- Click on the button which is shown in screenshot below.
- Click on this button, to add an image. Next, it will ask from where to upload image, from My Computer or Web address. The default option will be My Computer, so just click on Browse.
- Select the image and then upload it. After that, you can even resize the image, as per your wish.
That’s done. By this method, you can add images in Gmail messages, instead of attaching them. This is really a cool trick !