Gravatar is a small picture which is displayed next to your name when you comment in a Blog or a website. Basically its a custom image which you can upload and then it will be seen on Gravatar enabled Blogs. They help you to create an online presence and also brand identity.
So now let’s learn how to create a Gravatar:
- Go to homepage of Gravatar and click on Sign Up
- Now just enter your Email address and click on Signup
- Check your inbox and you should be receiving an Email. Simply click on that Activation link or copy and paste it to browser.
- Fill out the desired username and password and click on Signup. Take a look at below screenshot:
- Now you must be logged in. Click on Add One by clicking here to start adding a new image
- In the next step, click on the appropriate option. E.g. if you want to upload an image from your computer then click on “My computer’s hard drive“.
- Image would be uploaded and you can select the area to crop. Simply select the area and click on Crop and finish
- Now select the rating for your newly created avatar. Most probably it should be G rated. But it depends on what type of image you use. So that’s it.
So just fill out this information and submit it.
So this is how you can create a Gravatar. Now you know how that small image appears with your comment. Below is a testing comment to show you how they appear.