eBooks are slowly evolving but various companies are yet to decide on a preferred format. Because of DRM (Digital Rights Management) getting on the way, the companies are yet to decide on a standard format. Some say PDF is the best and some say ePub. PDFs work without any problem in various Windows PCs. Mac and smartphones. Nowadays you don’t even need to install any App in smartphone for reading PDF files. By default many devices read this format without any problem. Unfortunately for now, ePub is the only ebook format that iTunes accepts. This is indeed strange but people, there are ways to convert nearly any eBook format to ePub. And you can do this on any OS, Windows, OS X or Linux.
There are two ways to convert PDF to ePub.
- Firstly let’s use an online service. Head over to ePub2Go
- If the PDF is on your Computer, then click on The PDF is on My Computer or if your PDF is on Internet, then click on “The PDF is on Internet”.
- In the next step, if you clicked on “PDF is on My Computer”, you will be able to Browse to the file and select it. Select your file and upload it. You will get a message as “processing..please wait”. It may take several minutes depending on the file size.
- When the process is over, you will be asked to send the file to iPhone or save it on Computer. Click on “View/save on My Computer”. You will be able to download the converted ePub file. Just save it to your computer. You may also like to send it your Email address.
The second method to convert any eBook format to ePub is by using a software named as Calibre.
- Download Calibre from here (for Windows, OS X or Linux).
- Install Calibre and then start this application. Simply drag and drop your PDF file into Calibre and from the output format, select ePub. Also verify on the left hand side, you select the proper input format. You can also edit the meta information, if you want. Finally convert it.
- If you are using iTunes, then just drag ePub book into iTunes.
- If you’re using an iPad, firstly install iBooks and then drag the book from iTunes to iPad in the iTunes sidebar. That’s done. From now onwards, you can read your ePub books on iPad.
Now use any of the above two methods and convert your eBook.