Twitter is no doubt becoming more popular day by day. To reap the benefits of social media, and to drive more traffic to the Blog or website, many people tweet regularly. Some still don’t know or didn’t never cared to go to the settings panel of Twitter. So finally if you think to add a custom twitter background, this post will help you a lot. Also we will be taking look at some of best designs and useful resources which will help you do this task.
Firstly let’s start by taking a look at some awesome Twitter background design’s:
See the creativity or the design skills in this one. Some people also display their contact information like Phone, Email, etc in the background. See this below example:
Why create a custom Twitter background ?
- One can add 160 characters bio and also a website address. Go ahead and write your bio, show the World who you are.
- Some people may want to showoff their skills. They can use just outstanding backgrounds and impress the visitors
- Lastly, your legit information like your Bio, link and face can help in personal branding and people know who they are following, this improves their confidence and people who are not following you might also follow you
So now that you are aware of the benefits, let’s move on and learn to add a twitter background.
1) Login to your Twitter account and click on the drop down menu from the top right hand side of the screen and then click on Settings.
2) In the next screen, you will see your settings. Click on Design and then on Change background image.
3) Now upload your custom image by clicking on Browse.
So this is how you upload a custom background image in Twitter.
Now let’s take a look at how to make these custom images. This is also very important, because people certainly won’t like that your face is covered by twitter profile. So image dimension should be 1600px wide and 1200px tall. Sometimes you have to go ahead and experiment also. So to make images, you can use Photoshop. But if you are not comfortable with it, then you can also use these following online tools:
TwitBacks: One can create free twitter backgrounds with the help of this website. Yes, it won’t take even two minutes to make one. Also they have got many ready made templates, so you can start using one right away.
freetwitterdesigner: Another great tool. Go ahead and create one with their easy to use interface.
Twitterevolutions: Templates are ready made. Just go ahead, browse their library and click on “Make this my background”. Yes its that simple.
So with the help of these online tools, one can create a professional looking twitter background, the easy and the smart way and without even using any image editing software. Go ahead and create your own one.