Browsers like Chrome and Firefox already offer an option to prevent sites from tracking users. Those users who are really concerned about their privacy can enable this feature so that they won’t be tracked. Opera’s latest version 11 which is a stable version does not have this feature but the soon to be released Opera 12 will have this option to enable or disable do not track me and this option is hidden deep within settings. Let’s learn how to activate “do not track me” feature in the Opera browser.
There are some user who feel unsafe while browsing online because Opera did not offers this feature till now. But with Opera 12, this is going to change. You can try out latest preview release of Opera 12 or try out the Opera Next program. Opera Next is an excellent way to stay up to date with alphas and betas, also it runs side by side with main installation.
Enable or Disable Do Not Track Me Feature in Opera
- Start Opera browser
- Click on the Opera button from top left side and then go to settings > Preferences. Or you can also press the shortcut key to open preferences which is Ctrl + F12.
- From the Preferences window, click on Advanced tab.
- Click on Security from the options on the left side.
- Check mark Ask websites not to track me.
- Click on OK to save the settings.
Note that this feature is available only in Opera 12 or later. You won’t be able to find this option in earlier versions of Opera.
Enable this option and have piece of mind while browsing online.