Here comes the good news from Mozilla. Final version of the popular desktop email client – Thunderbird 5.0 has been released. This new version is silently released, and its not officially yet declared on the Mozilla’s website. However the news will be out soon and Mozilla will officially declare about its download availability in some time, and also existing users will get a notification about this new version.
If you’ve only tried Microsoft Outlook till now, then now is the time to try out this new email client – Thunderbird. The best thing is that its free, and you don’t need to shell out a penny for it. Also it keeps on improving with new versions. All this for free.
It seems that Mozilla is streamlining the release cycle of Thunderbird with Firefox browser. And therefore there are some similarities with Firefox, like the add-on manager. Well, let’s see how does the release cycle of both these useful applications go on in future.
If you are already using Thunderbird and want to update, then it may be possible that there may be some addons incompatibility problem with the new version.
The email account creation wizard is also improved to ease the process of setting up new accounts. So now let’s see what’s new in Thunderbird 5.0
- New Add-ons Manager
- More responsive and faster to start up and use
- Thunderbird is based on the new Mozilla Gecko 5 engine
- Revised account creation wizard to improve email setup
- New Troubleshooting Information page
- Plugins can now be loaded in RSS feeds by default
- Tabs can now be reordered and dragged to different windows
- Attachment sizes now displayed along with attachments
- There are several theme fixes for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Support for Mac 32/64 bit Universal builds (Thunderbird no longer supports PowerPC on Mac)
- Over 390 platform fixes that improve speed, performance, stability and security
Click on the below link to download this awesome free email client.