As we know, Instagram is now not just limited to photos, but users can now create and share short videos with the app. Instagram allows users to capture a video of 15 seconds and not a single second more than that, and in these 15 seconds, you have to convey your message and impress the world. Once you’ve created the video, you can then share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Foursquare. While the sharing feature works great, have you ever wanted to download Instagram video to your computer? You might want to share the video on a DVD, store it for your personal records or just want it when you’re offline, and in such cases, you may want to download the video to your desktop.
There are two ways to download Instagram videos. Let’s take a look at both of them in detail. Feel free to use any one method that you’re convenient with.
Method #1: Downloading the video by inspecting the source
- Right-click on the video and select “Inspect Element.”
- You’ll now be able to see the source code of the webpage. Find the link that ends with .MP4 and click on it.
- In the new resulting tab/window, right-click on the video and then select “Save video as.”
You can now give an appropriate name to the video and save it to your preferred location. This method is tested and works on Chrome and Firefox.
Method #2: Using Instadown
If you’re facing problem in the above method, then here’s an easy way to get the Instagram video download link.
- Go to instadown.com
- Open the Instagram page which contains the video that you want to download and then copy the URL (address) of this page.
- Paste the Instagram video link into Instadown and click on the yellow Instadown button.
That’s it. The video will now be downloaded to your computer in .MP4 format. You can now play it using your favorite media player program.
Go ahead and use any of the above methods to save Instagram Video to your computer.