It seems that Firefox 4 was just launched on March 22nd, and now within this short span of time, here comes the new version. Introducing Firefox 5. As per the Mozilla Wiki, this browser is going to be released on June 21, but the good news is that you can download it now, instead of waiting for the announcement from Mozilla and downloading it from the official location.
Yes, you can download Firefox 5 ahead of the scheduled release date. It seems that they are also following the approach of Google Chrome, by releasing faster updates, and major versions within short span of time. The new version will not bring any new GUI changes, but it will have some new features and functionalities.
New features of Firefox 5:
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
- Added support for CSS animations
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance
- WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures
- The Firefox development channel switcher introduced in previous Firefox Beta updates has been removed
Like the previous version, this new version is also available to download from the FTP channel. No need to wait for the official announcement.
Download Links for Mozilla FireFox 5 Final (Through FTP servers):
Download English version of Firefox 5.0 (For Windows)
Download English version of Firefox 5.0 (For Mac OS)
Download English version of Firefox 5.0 (For Linux)
So go ahead and download this popular browser now, and stay ahead of others.