Why create Mind map? Because it’s the easiest way to get your thoughts out of your mind. Instead of writing down, one can also just draw rough map, so that the final outcome becomes better. In some tasks, it’s all about planning. Mind mapping also increases productivity in some cases. In this article, we will be learning how to create mind map with the help of MindMeister, a free online tool, so that you don’t need to purchase any mind map software.
Below is a quote which is taken from Wikipedia:
A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea.
Tony Buzan has suggested some guidelines to create mind mapping. Basically the aim is to create effective mind maps using symbols, colors, codes, etc. which can be easily understood. The aim is not to make something complex, but simple and easy to understand.
How to Create Mind maps Online
- Go to mindmeister
- Click on Signup, and in the next screen select “Basic – Free package” and enter all the details and singup
- Check your Email and click on the Activation link
- Now go ahead and create your mind map
Below is a screenshot showing the details of the Tools which can be used.
The above mind map is created under 5 minutes. You just need to pick the tool and start drawing, its too easy. In the top of the screen, you will see Add, Delete, Connect, Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, Export and Print. The whole screen is pretty self explanatory. Below is an explanation.
- Use the Add button to add a new node
- Delete button to delete a node
- Connect button to connect to a node
- Copy – To copy
- Paste – To paste
- Undo – To undo an action
- Export – Can be used to export as PDF, image file, etc formats
- Print – To Print
Now let’s take a look at the right sidebar.
- Navigator – To navigate, useful if the map is big. Or you can also just drag and move the screen
- Format text – To change font size, style and color
- Icons and Images – Change icons and images from here
- Extras – Add notes, links, attachments, date and time
After creating the mind map, you can save it or share with other persons. When sharing, you can also allow that person to edit this mind map.
Navigating and getting the stuff done in this brainstorming tool is very easy. Really, its too easy and many things are just self explanatory. So go ahead and try this free online tool to create mind maps.