Have you heard those funny Chipmunks version of popular songs? If not, then try searching for some chipmunks version song on YouTube and you will be surprised to hear those funny songs that sometimes we cannot stop laughing. The popular Alvin and the Chipmunks is an American animated music group created by Ross Bagdasarian. The three chipmunks are Alvin, Simon and Theodore. These are not just cartoons but its so popular that there are two movies released with the same name.
Creating Chipmunks Version of Any Song
Yes, you can create chipmunks version of any song and its not that hard. You just need the song and Audacity (which is a freeware). If you don’t have Audacity, then you can download it for any platform – Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Follow this process step by step:
- After downloading and installing, open Audacity
- Press Ctrl + O OR go to File > Open and open the song
- The song will load up in Audacity. Now press Ctrl + A to select the entire song
- Now that the entire track is selected, go to Effects > Change Pitch and in the Percent change field enter 115.500 and click on ok. Notice the “Preview” button, you can also preview the song and if not satisfied then increase it to 121.440. You will need to experiment this until you are satisfied with the result. But for most, 115.500 does the trick easily.
- Go to File > Export and save this new chipmunks song in your preferred format E.g. MP3, WAV, WMA, etc. To save the file as MP3, you will need to download and install LAME. LAME is a library that allows some programs to encode MP3 files and that’s why Audacity needs this to save the file as MP3.
Now you know how they make a chipmunks version of any song and upload it to YouTube. The process is really easy to follow and you can get your own Chipmunks version within a minute or two.