CCleaner is a free software that cleans out the junk from your PC. According to the official site, “Ccleaner has been dowloaded over 260 million times”. That’s a huge figure. CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. By removing these unused files your Windows will run faster and you’ll also get more free space on your hard disk, as many temporary files or other unused files are cleared. Ccleaner also contains a registry cleaner. CCleaner can clean:
- Temporary files, Recycle Bin and Log files.
- Internet Explorer Cache, Cookies, History, Index.dat.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
Including: Opera, Firefox, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Office XP, Netscape, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, and much more.
- Windows Startup tool.
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries and including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Help Files, Icons, Application Paths, Invalid Shortcuts and more.
- Supports Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari
This is a small and very useful program to clean out junk from your PC. Plus you don’t need to pay even a penny, its free.
Try out this little nifty utility. Download CCleaner from here.