Amazon’s latest offering – the Amazon Cloud Drive helps you to upload files from your Computer and store it online. You can use upto 5 GB of free space which Amazon offers. Plus if you are hungry for more storage space, you can also buy more storage space. What’s more, you can also upgrade your storage plan to 20 GB, if you buy a music album from Amazon. There are various MP3 Albums available which are just under $1. You can buy any album and your account will be upgraded to 20 GB plan for a year. That’s a really useful trick to get cheap storage space on Amazon Cloud Drive. Now you can use this Cloud Drive from Windows Explorer also. It will get added as a Network Drive in My Computer.
After installing this software, you can just go to My Computer and open the Network drive which will be Z: and from here you can access your online files, even upload new files by just copy and paste and download files which are online.
How to Setup and Configure Gladinet:
- Download Gladinet and choose whether you want to install Windows 32 bit or 64 bit version. Please note that this software is available just for Windows PCs.
- After downloading, follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
- After installing, you will get an option to choose whether you want to use it as free starter edition or professional edition. You will need to purchase license for professional license, but as we are just starting up, let’s select I want to use the free starter edition. And then click on Next.
- In the Next step you will need to enter Email address to Register and receive updates. You can also just skip this step by clicking on Next.
- Click on Add My Cloud Storage Account to add your Amazon Cloud Drive.
- In the next screen, from the Storage Provider drop down box, select Amazon Cloud Drive. Click Next and enter your login credentials for accessing Amazon cloud drive. Click Next and then Finish.
Thats done configuring part. Now you can click on Open My Cloud Drive link to open and transfer files to and from your Computer. This makes very easy to download and upload files.
The minus point of this really useful utility is that the free version has less functionalities, compared to Pro. Also in the Gladinet Management Console, you can see their advertisement to upgrade to Pro. This really looks irritating all the time.
Now you can go to My Computer and then double click on Z Drive to open this newly mounted drive. Thus, now you don’t need to use a Browser and all can be done from right within this mounted drive.
Note: Gladinet requires .Net Framework installed in Windows. So please insure that before installing this you have .Net Framework installed in your PC.